Kitchen Hand / Chef
Position type: Casual
We have an opening for an energetic and bubbly person to join our team at Snobs Creek
- Must be available weekends, approx. 5 days per week
- Assisting chef with preparation and cooking
- Preparing and plating dishes
- Follow guidance from our chef
- Washing and cleaning duties
- Unloading and storing of deliveries
- Supporting other staff members
- Following strict health and hygiene standards
- Current Food Handlers licence
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Proficiency in a kitchen.
- Customer Service Focus
- Have a Team Player attitude
- Attention to detail
- The ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to identify faulty equipment in a timely manner & identify the cause of the issue so that maintenance can be arranged. Relay this to the chef or a member of the Management Team.
Liaison / Representation:
- Liase with all staff and Management at Snobs Creek Holiday Park (SCHP)
- Communicate with Customers in a respectful & professional manner
- Have the ability to manage your activities for the day / week to ensure completion
- When allocated a task of responsibility such as ordering ensure it is submitted to allow sufficient time for delivery and any other activities required prior to the need of the items.
- Time Management
Customer Service Standards:
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Provide a consistently high level of customer service & promote SCHP in a pleasant manner
- Maintain high ethical standards & confidentiality when dealing with customers & colleagues
Occupational Health & Safety:
- Performing general physical activities that require considerable use of your arms & legs. Moving your whole body such as climbing, walking, lifting, balancing, stooping & handling of materials
- Take reasonable care of your own health & safety and for the health & safety of anyone else who may be affected by your acts or omissions at the workplace
- Co-operate with your employer with respect to any action taken by the employer to comply with any requirement imposed by, or under the Health & Safety Act, Work Safe Regulations & Codes of Practice
- Work within Health & Safety Act, Work Safe Regulations & Codes of Practice
- Comply with SCHP Emergency Management Policy & Procedures
- Maintain the requirements as set out in the Responsible Service of Alcohol charter
Personal Development & Conduct:
- Build relationships with colleagues based on mutual trust and respect
- Have a calm & tolerant demeanour throughout all areas of the business
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Ability to advocate & negotiate
- Ability to clearly & effectively communicate with colleagues & customers
- Ability to calmly handle conflict situations
- Ability to work as part of a team
Who we are, what our organisational culture is, what kind of clientele we work with
Snobs Creek Holiday Park has been owned by Bruce & Toni Vance since June 2021. The Business has been operating since the 1980s. It is an extremely diverse business with an aim to create unique experiences.
The business consists of a lovely Holiday Park with motel accommodation, swimming pool, a bunk house up the back which is great for functions & large scale basic accommodation, bistro, bar & takeaway food.
The Snobs Creek Holiday Park, Bar & Grill is situated on the Eildon front road just outside the township of Eildon in North Central Victoria. It is situated on the Corner of Snobs Creek road leading up to a beautiful waterfall. The aim of the owners is to create a uniquely positive experience which encourages our customers to return time & time again.
It is the goal of Snobs Creek Holiday Park to create a world class facility & a memorable experience for all who use & visit our facilities.
Our clientele will be a mixture of Eildon locals, people with sites at the park & tourists.
Snobs Creek Holiday Park has a culture that does not tolerate discrimination, bullying, harassment or racial vilification. It is an environment where it is important to work closely as a team as great team spirit is a crucial component of brilliant customer service & success. There is a great energy to be felt when you are a member of the Snobs Creek Holiday Park Team.